Sunday, November 1, 2009

Marshall Lee Palmer


He's here! We would like to welcome Marshall Lee Palmer to our family. He was born on 10/27/2009 at 8:10pm. He came in at 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long.

It wasn't an easy labor to say the least. My water broke that morning about 3am when I woke up to go to the bathroom. AAron thinks it's funny that my water broke while I was on the toilet, no mess to clean up. We went to the hospital and checked in about 3:45am. Things were progressing sort of slowly...so they gave me pictocin (I do not like that drug.) I got my epidural about 9am and didn't start pushing until 4:40pm. I pushing for 4 hours and they had to vacuum him out and give me an epistomy. (yucky!) He has a huge head and it wasn't quite turned right. If the vacuum didn't work they were going to have to do a c-section. I would have been so mad if after 17 hours of labor I received a c-section also.

It's been a change...I keep thinking he is someone else's, and they are going to come and take him away. But he is OURS! and we love him so much.
I finally got about 7 hours or so of sleep last night (thank you time change!) and am not feeling so zombie like.

Hope to post more so we can keep a record of just how quickly he is going to change.

3 comments:

  1. He is adorable! Such chubby cheeks! I'm sorry labor wasn't too great... I guess it rarely is. I'm glad you're doing well. We miss you guys and can't wait to meet Marshall! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you guys! He is such a handsome young man. ((HUGS)) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep in mind: the first labor is usually the worst!
    Congratulations! He looks like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete