Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Geocaching

Ok, so those of you that don't know, AAron has been is the scouting program for about as long as we have been married. It's loads of fun for me. (Not really.) But he went to training last month and had a class about Geocaching. I have actually gotten in to it a little also. It's like a mondern day treasure hunt. People go out and "hide" things and put the GPS cordiantes on a website and you go and "find" what people hide. Inside what was hidden is a log that you write your name on and then you go back and log that you found or did not find the treasure. We've gone out two Saturdays just around where we live but it has been fun. So far we found 11 and gave up on 3. If you have little boys about cub scouts age, (age 8) they love things like this. If you want more information let me know. All it takes is a hand held GPS and a website. The rest is free.

3 comments:

  1. Geocaching IS fun! We had a friend we use to go with... but haven't done it in awhile. The girls are always saying: "remember when we went treasure hunting?" We'll have to do it again... and maybe even make our own geocache one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a little boy. Heck, my brother-in-law loves doing this. I got Jonathan a hand held GPS for Christmas so he can go out and do this with him. It actually sounds like a lot of fun. Happy hunting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, again. I don't think I have your email address. We made our blog "private", so if you'd like an invite just email me at iveyartandsoul@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete